BURDWAN MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL(BMC) offers 5.5 years bachelor’s degree courses in MBBS. Admission to this course is made through a merit list prepared on the basis of the score of the candidates in AIPMT. In this course the reservation available to different reserved categories like SC, ST and OBC is as per the Government of INDIA norms.
Domicile Requirements –
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board:
- Candidates shall be citizens of India and have been residing in the State of WB uninterruptedly/continuously of not less than 10 years (in case of Nursing, not less than 5 years) immediately prior to the date of making application for admission.
- Candidates whose parents are permanent residents of W.B., having their permanent home address in the State of W.B. are also eligible for admission.
- In case of Nursing (H), candidates from any State of India may be considered of admission to non-Government Institutions.
- New session starts in the month of September-October. First year students are advised to visit the campus a few days before the start of the session to get accustomed to the place.
- The candidates appearing for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) should be XIIth pass and should have secured 50% in Biology , Physics & Chemistry taken together.